The Queen of Peace community is committed to making the transfer process seamless for our students. This page is your resource for information and will be updated often. If you have additional questions please feel free to reach out to your daughter's guidance counselor. Lauren Corte can be reached at 708.496.4719 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Terrie Boivin at 708.496.4757 or email@example.com
(Unofficial transcripts sent home for parent reference in February mailing)
STEP 1: Click here to access information on admissions, financial aid, tuition, transportation, technology requirements and more for the following schools:Trinity High School, Mother McAuley High School, Marist High School, Nazareth High Academy, DeLaSalle High School, Fenwick High School, St. Ignatius College Preparatory High School, Josephinum High School, Joliet Catholic High School, Immaculate Conception Catholic Preparatory, Montini High School, Chicago Christian High School, Holy Trinity High School, St. Joseph High School, Marian Catholic High School and Our Lady of Tepeyac High School.
STEP 2: Attend one of the high school fairs at Queen of Peace in the Pride Gymnasium:
Thursday, February 16th from 2pm-6pm (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
STEP 3: Complete financial aid information and application for schools you are interested in for your daughter.
- Deadlines for Financial Aid differ by school! Some are as early as February 19 and others are as late as April 15. Deadlines for each school can be found here.
- Every family will receive a letter detailing their current Queen of Peace financial package. Upon receipt should you have questions or wish to discuss further please contact Mary VanKoevering at 708.496.4799 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for additional Transitional Financial Support Information
STEP 4: Shadow at a prospective school on Wednesday, March 1st (Queen of Peace will NOT be in session on March 1st in order to accommodate school visits).
- You must visit the school’s website or call to register in advance!
- Complete the following Google Form to inform QOP where you will be shadowing. Please know this is an important step for our tracking purposes and communication to the schools. https://goo.gl/forms/wyOou3DkSyUtTW492
- In the meantime, if your daughter needs to shadow at a school please have her bring in documentation from that school the following day and the absence will be marked as "excused".
STEP 5: Once you make your school decision, email email@example.com with parent name, student name, ID number, parent email, and school choice. Your chosen school will request official transcripts from Queen of Peace to submit for admission. (All financial obligations to Queen of Peace High School must be met in order for official transcripts to be sent).
Student Information Folder
An information folder for each student will be created and given to parents at the end of the year that will include:
- Final transcripts
- Standardized test scores
- One letter of recommendation for all junior students to be used in the college application process. Contact information for all current faculty will be provided to juniors and parents for future requests of letters of recommendation for college.
Illinois State Scholar Information
Junior parents: Illinois State Scholars are determined the second semester of their junior year. Please know we will be submitting the required information (GPA) and the name of the transfer school to the ISAC. The closing of Queen of Peace does not impact their eligibility.
Counselors are reaching out to area public high schools to determine how certain classes such as Theology, Arts Without Borders and PLTW will transfer. More information will be forthcoming.
Josten's will be at Queen of Peace to do a presentation regarding class rings on Thursday, March 9th.
Items in Process
The following items will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Distribution of 2016-2017 Yearbooks
- Dominican Charms
- Veritas (for the Juniors)
- Honor Societies (NHS, Mu Alpha Theta, Language)
- Computers and the potential for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors to purchase
- Class pictures