Thank you for supporting Queen of Peace High School for 55 years!
Thank you to everyone who has supported the Queen of Peace community over the last several months. The endless gestures of care and gratitude shown to our students, faculty and staff are concrete evidence of your generous spirit. Here are just a few of those gestures that had an incredible impact on the transition of our students, and our faculty/staff:
- Queen of Peace alumnae donated $4,000 from their Pub Crawl to the Student Transition Fund which in turn allowed students to keep their Queen of Peace laptops and chrome books to take to their new schools. In addition, alumnae supported faculty and staff by hosting multiple events and luncheons for them at the school.
- Peace Parent Association used their Trivia Night funds to provide every student and faculty/staff member with a luncheon and a custom blanket featuring the school alma mater and the names of all current students, faculty and staff.
- Bidders in the Memorabilia Auction were incredibly generous and raised over $35,000 for the Employee Transition Fund.
- Donors stepped forward to continue support for their scholarship students (and even took on additional students) guaranteeing that their funding is available until they graduate.
- The June 11th celebration brought close to 2,000 people back home to Queen of Peace to share in prayer and wonderful memories.
This is the Queen of Peace spirit that will carry each and every one of us when we are no longer within the walls of Peace. The Dominican values of partnership and social justice - always seeking what is right and good -will always be our compass.
Thank you again to all who supported Queen of Peace over the last 55 years. Today, we celebrate both our rich legacy and the future of over 15,000 Women of Peace who make a significant difference in our world. Let us move forward with gratitude for what we were blessed to have experienced at Queen of Peace High School.
Anne O’Malley, President of Queen of Peace High School